I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Thursday 21 February 2008

Kernel Programming - WORKQUEUE Problems

I decided to look at the API for schedulling in the kernel modules. This turned out to be more time consuming than what I thought. The problem is that the tutorial I have been using is not up-to-date with the current version of the linux kernel. There used to be only one structure to represent some task to perform. But after a change in the kernel workqueue API, there are now to structures: struct work_struct and struct delayed_work. This was the reason why the kernel did not compile in a nice way. I will post here the rest of the small example module for documentation purposes.