I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Sunday 2 November 2008

Flash with Flex

So I tried a few things with Flash now that I more or less know the basics of flex (and only the basics).

So I wrote my first little movie in flash and compiled it using flex's compiler.

I can not really do an introduction yet to flash and flex. I still need to get use to too many things. For example, I am not really happy not knowing which data structures are available in action script. Maybe I have been spoiled by java using the java.util collections. Yet I think it sensible to expect the existence of a number of standard libraries one can use to prevent the inventingthewheelitis.

One thing I found at least im internet is from a developer from Mannheim who wrote some data structures for games in action script. I will have to take a look at it. It sure sounds really interesting.

I have also been interested in what is the best way to create small movies for fun. So I just thought of the general object oriented structure of my character creations. Actually I already had some project of the sort in java. But I had not that much because other priorities popped up as they always do.