I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Friday 5 December 2008

Subversion and unicode

I was having some difficulty at work with documents which were not saved as unicode in the subversion repository. This caused problems with eclipse which has not been able to open it.

What I did to solve my problem was to use the command: file to determine the encoding, and use pconv to reencode the documents.

I am planning to do a small perl script (though some java program one would be also OK) which downloads files, checks the type and then reload and then performs a commit on the documents. However, I must make sure there is no problem with different encodings of the document for the history.