I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Monday 15 September 2008

PXE Problems with NAS 1000

A good friend of mine gave me a NAS 1000 so that I could try a few things with it. In particular, I wanted to try PXE and diskless solutions with the installation files or disk data on the NAS server.

First I had some troubles starting the atftpd daemon because of user and group information which did not work. I should have checked the messages information right away... duh!!! It would have saved me a lot to time.

But then as I tried getting the data from my linux box using the fedora tftp client, it did not work. Well actually I am still not sure why it is not. Some routing errors obviously:

Jan 1 13:36:21 icybox daemon.info atftpd[1951]: Server thread exiting
Jan 1 13:36:26 icybox daemon.notice atftpd[1952]: Fetching from 192.168.0.104 to ess