I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Learning Python 3.0

I am learning python 3.0. There are a few reasons for this. For instance, there is a suggestion from the 'Pragmatic Programmer' book I bought lately. This other thing is that it would make it easier to cooperate with my brother and to perform more useful stuff for and with him. I am also using Mark Lutz: Learning Python (Fourth Edition from Oreilly).

So I installed pyhton 3.0 on my machine.

$> ./configure
$> su
$> make altinstall
And here it is:
$ /usr/local/bin/python3.0
Python 3.0 (r30:67503, Apr 27 2010, 01:32:05)
[GCC 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>>

I will probably need to make a few tests that everything works.