I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Trying qooxdoo

I have been trying qooxdoo? And I do not find it very easy to use. But I am not really clear about every commands: So here is what I did:
  1. checked the qooxdoo sdk and generated a project using
    /qooxdoo-1.0.1/tools/bin/create-application.py --name mytest
    in the directory where the project should be generated.
  2. this created the template of the demo project but it took some time
  3. to see the default I used: ./generate.py source-all as suggested in the documentation and this took also along time
  4. once done I looked at the result in the browser ( without a webserver!)
  5. I added code for a tree, and reused
    ./generate.py source-all
    (maybe I should have used ./generate.py source

One of the disadvantage of course is the use of python. I have to take a look at what RAP exactly does with the code. It probably does not need to use any python or generation since the application components are already generated. But I should check.