I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Sunday 17 January 2010

Dojo Toolkit - Yet another javascript toolkit

After looking at roo, I noticed that they used the Dojo Toolkit for their default implementation of the web toolkit of the page. I Have not yet done a real comparison of the two frameworks. It seems to have more or less the same functionality as ext-js. I will have to keep an eye on both systems. At least from the licence point of view is Dojo more appropriate for companies, since it uses a BSD/Apache licence, where as ext-js under GPL ( I do not think that it has also a LGPL version apart from the core). Dojo seems to be composed of three parts:
  • Dojo core
  • dijit
  • dojox
Dojo core contains a number of utility methods for querying web pages content and perform operations on it. Dijit is a widget mechanism. Dojox are extensions based on dijit.