I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Thursday 7 January 2010

The long way to a maveniozed Eclipse: M2Eclipse

I had some trouble installing everything for M2Eclipse. One part of the problem was that the fedora installation from eclipse did not really allow the installation of the correct packages. I used the description found in the free online book documenting M2: Developing with Eclipse and Maven.

Therefore, I downloaded the new eclipse from the web site and then I could install subclipse, AJDT and WST as needed. Though WST should have been there since it was the JEE version of eclipse.

Then I could install M2 from the http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/update/ site.

It is interesting to have the poms. But since the poms are a little complex, I generate them from a more simple xml file. And these XML files can be generated using an even more simple XML file (though this is not yet finished). The goal is to help the bootstrapping of projects. In a simple manner.