I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Saturday 19 September 2009

Ext.js experience

After learning ext.js to work for a company which did not employ me because of some difference of opinions or personal reasons, I had to admit that I had been quite pleased at the framework, its power and its ease of use.

Now, for my current company, I have to create a prototype of an other application I had developed using RAP, but which proved to be more of a disaster than anything.

So here I am again, programming my examples in ext.js.

The Ext.js framework can be used as a GPL v3.0 framework or with licence costs. This seems to be O.K for my boss. So I am fine with it.

Though I still have some difficulties especially because I do not find the debugging very easy, but maybe there is a good way to work with it. I will have to see.

So I could create a tree and a table easily. For the application I must develop I am supposed to create, I more or less only need trees, tables and forms of different forms. Though I also need to embed a rich HTML editor, the FCKeditor (note that the name seems to have been change, WTF? ;-) ).

So as I had said about RAP ( but did not happen), expect infos and tutorial about the subject.