I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Saturday 9 June 2012

Gnome 3.0 ARRRH!#"§$#!!!

Rant and perhaps solution

I finallly reinstalled fedora. So now I have a completely new Fedora version and I am not amused. Really not amused. First I had trouble with Grub, then I had trouble with the DNS and finally I had to curse against gnome 3.0. Or is it only unity... I am not sure. I do not rant. But this time, I am more than annoyed. I would not say I am pissed off. But nearly. I keep asking myself: why? Why? Why?


First of all Grub... Actually I did not want to reinstall the boot directory from Grub. I wanted to be able to use my old fedora if I needed it. But that did not really work. So I let the new fedora (or I should say anaconda, overwrite the boot loader).


Then, for some reason the DNS was not configured and I had to reconfigure it per hand. Why ?


Finally, how is gnome 3.0 supposed to be used. Why can't I create my desktop icons ? Why can't I add launchers to the panel or the desktop. My computer is supposed to be used. I do not care really how it looks.


I just found the solution in this post for at least some of my problems