I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Saturday 2 June 2012

NetBean

After I had some discussions with some friends about their works as developers. They mentioned that they were using NetBeans as IDE. Curious about it. I downloaded it. I tried some JSF example after trying to create a Rails project failed because the grails website was not available.

My first impressions are not bad. It seems to be a quite nice and quick interface. But I am a little bit lost.

So what should I do and look at to study this new (to me) IDE.

The following points seem important to me:

  • editor issues, error, warnings as well as suggestions
  • Maven integration
  • SCM integration, i.e svn, git
  • debugger integration
  • servers creation and use

These are the points that seem important to me.
But I have the feeling that the list is not yet complete enough... Not even in the pareto sense.