I made a change in the blogger configuration to ease the later work when blogging. It is possible that older entries are not correctly formatted.

Sunday 24 June 2012

HTML PDF Rendering with itext and flyingsaucer

I want to perform automatic pdf rendering from xml for helping a project I am working on. But I have not completely found out how to do this. It seems that combining flying saucer (which is a HTML renderer for java and iText should do the trick. However, I am not sure how good this will work for new html versions.

I will try to keep this up to date with new development of my experiments.


The first experiment did not work correctly with the following code:

#! /usr/bin/bash

CLASSPATH=

for a in flyingsaucer-R8/*.jar ;
do
CLASSPATH="${CLASSPATH};$a"
done
echo $CLASSPATH
java -cp $CLASSPATH org.xhtmlrenderer.simple.PDFRenderer $@

The code being called in the following way:

./render.sh http://www.google.de pdf